Saturday, May 8, 2010

Why I love my new home




Since moving here, I have experienced many 'firsts' in my life:


I assisted at a chowder cook-off and met the Mayor of my new small coastal town.


Entered an annual dog parade (benefits a local dog and cat shelter) with my 3-legged 'Pomahuahua', "JoyZee" and won 'Best in Show'! Our neighbor, Maxine (aka Dorothy) won Funniest in show!


And, for instance, just this morning from my front porch, I looked up from my computer to witness a B.B. King blasting golfcart putter by with a friendly white-haired waving fellow. The front of his custom canvas topper read, "WARNING, Watch for Dogs In Street". His yellow scarf-clad chocolate labradore led the jovial parade of two.


Eccentric? Definitely -- but, adhering to the definition of eccentric ('departing from the established norm of pattern) surprises and delights continually around these waterfront hamlets of North Carolina. Who doesn't want to be incessantly delighted? JoyZee, we're definitely not in Long Island any more!


No comments:

Post a Comment